T-TEL ACTIVITIES IN WESLEY COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
BRIEF BACKGROUND OF T-TEL
T-TEL is an acronym for Transforming Teacher Education and Learning.
It is 4-Year Government of Ghana program supported by the United Kingdom’s Department for International Development and managed by Cambridge Education of UK.
The main purpose of the T-Tel Program is to transform the delivery of Pre-Service Teacher Education in Ghana by improving the quality of teaching and learning through support to all 40 public Colleges of Education from 2014-2018.
Support Areas of the T-Tel Program Include;
- Training and coaching for tutors in Mathematics, English and science and eventually develop some generic materials for tutors professional development]
- Support to the management of the colleges and training of college principals
- Support to reform of the pre-service teacher training curriculum
- Support to the development of more effective student practicums
- Work with MoE and regulatory bodies on the implementation of existing policies for teacher education
- Set up a challenge to which Colleges of education and their partner districts and schools will be able to apply to carry out innovative initiatives
- Establish a set of incentives for CoE to improve their management and training delivery
T-Tel Activities in Wesley College of Education
Wesley College has been very active in all T-TEL programs. Some of these programs include;
- Weekly College-based Professional Development sessions for all Tutors on Wednesday
- Leadership workshop for principals
- Development and implementation of College improvement plan and their related policies
- Implementation of payment by results programs
- Implementation of challenge fund award programs
- Cluster training for mentors in partner districts